Links of Interest
- Society for Neuroscience
- Michigan Chapter - Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- The Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience
- Society for Research on Biological Rhythms
- Experimental Biology Conference
- American Physiological Society
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
Neuroanatomy & Atlases
- MSU lands $1.8M NIH grant to improve brain implants
Michigan State University has landed a $1.8 million National Institutes for Health R01 grant to improve brain implants – “electroceuticals” used to treat Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, depression and traumatic injuries.
- NSP Faculty Wins APS Award
Dr. Gina Leinninger received the 2019 American Physiological Society Central Nervous System Section New Investigator Award.
- Otwell and Steffke nominated for Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
Neuroscience majors, Abi Otwell and Emily Steffke, are two of four outstanding undergraduate STEM students, nominated from MSU, for the nationally competitive Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship.
- Barman awarded William J. Beal Outstanding Faculty Award
Dr. Susan Barman was one of the ten awardees of the 2019 William J. Beal Outstanding Faculty Award. The William J. Beal Outstanding Faculty award acknowledges their outstanding contributions to education and research.
- Zombie cells could be the key to Alzheimer's susceptibility
The National Institute on Aging has awarded a Dr. Marcia Gordon, Dr. David Morgan and Dr. Scott Counts nearly $3 million grant to study how aging increases the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease and to investigate treatments that could delay or prevent it.
- Michelle Mazei-Robison receives ASPET Neuropharmacology Early Career Award
The ASPET Division for Neuropharmacology named Dr. Michelle Mazei-Robison from Michigan State University as the recipient of the 2019 Division for Neuropharmacology Early Career Award. The award was established to honor a young independent investigator working in neuropharmacology.