East Lansing Campus


Transportation and Parking

Health Care Locations

Local Links



On Campus

Off Campus

Transportation and Parking On Campus

Parking On Campus

Any vehicle you bring on campus must be registered through the Department of Public Safety. Required student registration of motor vehicles can be done through the Department of Public Safety's Office for Parking and Permits between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Generally, students with assistantships are eligible to obtain parking permits which allow parking at several lots throughout the campus. Graduate students without assistantships have permits allowing them to park in commuter lots on the outer edge of the campus. To obtain a parking permit the applicant must present their vehicle registration, student ID, driver's license and, if appropriate, last year's gate card.

If you do not have a graduate assistantship, you may, under special circumstances, qualify for a parking permit. For example, if your vehicle is necessary in performing the duties for a job you hold on campus, you may wish to apply for a parking permit. You will need to go to DPS and fill out a Special Request form for a parking permit. A member of the staff of DPS will review your request and if they feel you need a parking permit for campus they will give you the opportunity to buy one.

The Department of Public Safety, Parking Division, can be contacted to answer any further questions.


The Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) provides bus service to all parts of the campus and connections with CATA routes serving the Lansing and East Lansing area.


The University maintains bicycle racks throughout the campus. Bikes should be locked to these racks when parked. Bikes are not permitted in campus buildings. Improperly parked bikes are subject to impoundment by the Department f Public Safety. Bicycle registration through the MSU Department of Public Safety or the cities of East Lansing or Lansing is required. Also visit MSU Bikes for more information.

Health Care Locations

Olin Health Center

Olin Health Center is located at 463 East Circle Drive on the north end of campus between Berkey Hall and the Grand River parking ramp. Parking options are listed below.

Neighborhood (on campus) Clinics

Conveniently located in Brody, Holden, McDonel, and Hubbard Halls, these clinics are open to any MSU student for treatment of illness or minor injuries. For an appointment, call 517-353-4660.

Allergy and Immunization Clinic

Counseling and Psychiatry

HIV and STI Testing

Physical Therapy and Orthopedic Services

Primary Care


Women’s Health Clinic

Work-Related Illness or Injury

After Hours and Emergency Care

Local Links

City of East Lansing

City of Lansing

Meridian Township (Okemos and Haslett)

Capital Area Transit Authority (CATA)

Lansing Chamber of Commerce


Lansing State Journal

State News

Lansing City Pulse

State of Michigan


Wharton Center for Performing Arts

Abrams Planetarium

MSU Museum

Broad Art Museum

MSU Dairy Store

Potter Park Zoo

Impression 5 Science Center

Uncle John’s Cider Mill

Lansing Lugnuts Baseball

Celebration Cinemas

NCG Cinemas

Riverwalk Theatre

Scene Metrospace

RE Olds Transportation Museum

Turner-Dodge House

Beal Botanical Garden

Fenner Nature Center

Ingham County Parks

Fun Tyme Adventure Parks